Rental Property Registration
Purpose of this Program:
The City of Laurens recognizes the need for a registration program for residential rental units located within the city in order to improve compliance of rental units with all applicable building, property maintenance, fire, health, safety, and zoning codes, and to provide an efficient system for compelling both absentee and local landlords to correct violations and maintain, in proper condition, rental property within the city. The city recognizes that the most efficient system is the creation of a program requiring the registration of residential rental units within the city as defined in this article.
For more information, please see the City of Laurens Ordinance: RENTAL HOUSING REGISTRATION & RENTAL HOUSING REGULATION
How to Register:
1) Fill out the Rental Registration form
a. Include information about the property, the property owner, and if applicable the contact information for the responsible agent in charge of the property on behalf of the owner
2) Email it to email@example.com or drop off the form at City Hall located at 126 E Public Square Laurens SC 29360
3) The Planning and Development Department will email confirmation of the completed registration to the email address provided on the form.
Registration and Reregistration:
- Registration is valid for 1 year, starting from the date it was initially registered.
- All properties will need to be re-registered every year.
A CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY WILL NOT BE ISSUED FOR ANY RESIDENTIAL RENTAL PROPERTY NOT REGISTERED!
There are no registration fees that are required for this program. However,
If property owners are not clear as to how to register, they may contact the City of Lauren’s Planning and Development Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone at (864) 984-2613 Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm. Department staff will respond at their earliest convenience